As with all times of uncertainty, scammers and fraudsters are on the lookout to make a quick buck. These scammers are using COVID-19 to try to get unsuspecting individuals to pass payments or private information to them.
We’ve aggregated some helpful links from government agencies and reputable businesses to help raise awareness and combat these scammers:
- The FTC has put out an alert to small business owners needing PPP Loans.
- Our friends at Baird Holm have put together a list of things to be wary of.
- The FCC share consumer warnings and safety tips.
- The head of the FBI’s Financial Crimes Section shares tips on how to protect yourself.
- The US Department of Justice shares how to combat Coronavirus Fraud.
If you believe you’ve fallen victim to a scam and your 1st State Bank financial data may have been compromised, please reach out to your local branch to review steps to prevent any financial loss.
If you are looking for additional protection, we are proud to offer our Secure Checking account with IDProtect®.